Monday, June 23, 2008

Rememberance Tattoo

Today I am going to get the first part of my tattoos symbolizing the birth and death of my daughters. Halle Grace-Marie (3-25-05 to 5-27-05) and Emma Faith-Noelle (12-20-05 to 1-11-06). I will be getting their names one on each foot and a butterfly on the top of each foot as well. I have wanted to do this for some time now, but I finally have the perfect sketch of the butterfly that I had envisioned.

I am not a huge fan of tattooing my body, but the impact my daughters have left a permanent mark on my heart and I want something that represents them to be visible to other people as well. I love them as if they were still here, and I miss them every moment of every day. The emptiness can never be filled but remembering and sharing my story about them helps. I feel that my tattoos will open that door for people to ask, because they are my daughters alive or not.

1 comment:

Mare said...

Tifiny just emailed me the link to your blog. I want to say how sorry I am about your two girls. Working as a nurse in the NICU, I often share in the loss of the parents. I see the pain in their eyes and it breaks my heart. So often as nurses we get attached to the babies and families during their stay. When a child dies, it is a loss for all. I don't know how much time you have, but I have a link on my blog to Ricky's website. This is a story of a baby in our unit we all became a mother to. A story of one of our nurses taking him home, loving him and then losing him. Although I have not lost any of my children to God, Ricky's loss was a difficult one for me, for all the nurses in the NICU...we loved him as one of our own. You have been blessed with the your daughters, even though it was short. I look forward to reading more on your blog.

Mare